The Downtown Alliance is a non-profit organization serving the downtown property owners, businesses, and residents. Our mission is to build a dynamic and diverse community that is the regional center for culture, commerce and entertainment.
Established in 1991, the Downtown Alliance represents more than 2,500 business and property owners in the Central Business District, which is bounded by North Temple, 500 West, 400 South, and 200 East. A special assessment on downtown properties helps to fund the Downtown Alliance. Our approximately $1 million budget is comprised of 60% special assessment funds and 40% sponsorships, donations and partnerships with other organizations.
The Downtown Alliance became a strategic partner of the Salt Lake Chamber in 2003.
Downtown Alliance Board of Trustees
Current members of the Board of Trustees:
- Kent Gibson - Property Reserve Inc. (Chair)
- Bruce Bingham -Hamilton Partners, Inc. (Past Chair)
- Vasilios Priskos - InterNet Properties, Inc. (Past Chair)
- Peggy Lander - Richter 7 (Incoming Chair)
- Christina Alter, Goldman Sachs
- Lane Beattie, Salt Lake Chamber
- Jake Boyer, The Boyer Company
- John Dahlstrom - Wasatch Properties
- Jim Divver, Zions Bank
- Jerry Fenn - Qwest Corporation
- David Golden - Wells Fargo Bank
- Molly Mazzolini, Infinite Scale Design
- Gary Porter - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Ex-Officio Board Members:
- Mayor Ralph Becker - Salt Lake City
- Mayor Peter Corroon - Salt Lake County
- Councilman Luke Garrott - Salt Lake City Council
- Scott Beck - Salt Lake Convention & Visitors Bureau
- D.J. Baxter - Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City
- Curtis Bennett - Downtown Retail Merchants Association
The Downtown Alliance Board of Trustees is also represented on the Salt Lake Chamber's Board of Governors.